Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Feeling a bit nostalgic.

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and cannot remain silent.” - Victor Hugo

We've all been there. At some point in our lives, we've been driving down the road flipping through radio stations when a song comes on and instantly you're back in time, thinking of a certain memory associated with said song. This has been happening quite a big lately. I found my old CD case that I thought I had lost. There are CDs in there from when I was 14 years old! They're all marked with the year I made them and I love going through them all. They certainly reflect how I was feeling the night I made the CD. There are CDs full of love songs, some full of rap, pop or country and others with sad love songs when I just thought for sure the world was over because my latest relationship had ended. Then there are those that are so full of horrible songs that I can't believe I'm the one who made it! One of my favorites is the one I made the hubby on our first Valentine's Day, five years ago. I'm not sure why I'm the one who has it had it, but it was still fun listening to it. It took me back to those feelings of a new, exciting love! We surely have been through a lot since then! Another favorite was the one I made when I thought I was leaving Virginia for Missouri. I called it my "goodbye" CD and it has so many great songs on it! Some are sad, but some are inspirational. They all talk about finding a new life and moving forward, leaving the past behind. Finding this case definitely has made me happy. Each time I listen to one of them, it takes me right back to that moment and how I was feeling. I know it isn't good to dwell on the past, but it's nice to take a trip down memory lane every now and then!

1 comment:

  1. i love finding old mixed CDs! isn't it crazy how you can hear a song and can instantly remember what was going on in your life the first time you heard it!?

    ReplyDelete