Friday, May 28, 2010

Hello, Friday!



Today is Friday and I never thought it would get here! I'm so ready for this weekend. It's the first holiday of the Summer season (well, technically it's still Spring)! We're spending the weekend grilling out and lounging by the pool. However, this weekend isn't about Summer. It isn't about cookouts, suntans or drinking with friends on the lake.

Memorial Day is about those men and women who have given their lives for our freedom. Those who left their loved ones behind and fought for complete strangers like you and me. It's really overwhelming when it is put like that. I couldn't imagine being so selfless. It really makes me want to be a better person!

So, this weekend, while you're out with friends and family, take a moment to remember those brave men and women!



1 comment: