Friday, May 21, 2010

My Best Friends: The "Click"



In high school, I was lucky enough to have four best friends. We were inseperable! Somehow we earned the nickname the "click" and it has stuck ever since. I know it's really spelled clique, but we changed it for us! We were loud and silly, but we had the best times together. The times with those girls are some of the best times of my life!

Now, seven years after graduation, we're still best friends. Brittany and Denise moved away after graduation, but Pris, Amy and myself are still here! Although we don't talk or see one another everyday, each time we're together it's like we've never been apart. We always say we were all meant to be best friends because of this. We've all helped each other through some pretty tough times and I couldn't imagine my life without these four girls! :)



The five of us four years ago. :)

Now a little something about each one:

Denise -> We met in Kindergarten, but didn't become close friends until 7th grade. After that, we were inseperable. She was like my second sister and her family was my second family. I called her siblings "bubby" and "sissy", just like she did. Her mamaw was my mamaw. She and I understood one another when no one else did. We share the stupidest inside jokes that earned us so many weird looks! This past weekend, Nisey got married to one of the greatest guys I've ever met. She made a beautiful bride and I'm so happy for her!


Priscilla -> Pris and I were also in the same class in Kindergarten! She pushed Nisey out of the chair during a round of Musical Chairs. We still pick on her about that! She was the girl that everyone wanted to be friends with. I can remember racing some little girl through a coloring sheet so I could sit beside Priscilla! haha! Although we weren't friends until high school, Pris was always so nice to me whenever we would talk. She really is one of the nicest people I've ever met, although she can let you know how it is sometimes! If it weren't for Pris, I wouldn't have made it through my first couple years of college! We had every class together! We were both so nervous about starting out a new place and meeting new people!



Amy -> Amy and I met in 8th grade and definitely had our ups and downs! haha! There would be times we liked one another and times we didn't. Finally, we got past that phase and become very close in 11th grade! However, sometimes we still bicker like sisters do! I'd still be lost without her though! We worked together for almost four years at her sister's daycare and we have so many crazy times from that place! Amy married one of my hubby's best friends, so we now have another connection!




Brittany -> Britt is one of the most beautiful girls I've ever seen in my life. She's always so put together, even when we're just lounging around in our pajamas. However, she'll disagree with you! And she can sing like an angel! Her and her sister both. She moved away after we graduated and we hardly ever have the chance to see one another. When we do see one another, it's like we haven't skipped a beat.



This weekend with my girls was so fun! We laughed and cut up the whole time! I miss them so much when we aren't together. It's like all is right in the world when the five of us are together! haha! We've decided we're going to start taking trips once a year, just us girls. I'm really excited about that!



Ready for the ceremony to begin!



Out on the town for Nisey's Bachelorette Party!


5 comments:

  1. I think it's awesome that ya'll are still so close!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos and that bride looks stunning.

    What a lovely dress x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Most of our differences we're about stupid boys. haha. anyway. you're my bestest now...that's all that matters! Love ya, Tiffy!

    p.s. I LOVE that pic of the two of us from this past weekend. That's probably the best picture we've taken in a while. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristin, thanks! So many people told us when we were in high school that you'd lose the friends you had. Well, we've proved them all wrong!

    The Brunette, thanks! She was a gorgeous bride!

    Amy, hahaha! I cracked up at this. Stupid boys. Who was it? Roy Allen and Hoppy?? Bahaha! I love this pic, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great group of friends you have. I keep in little contact with my old high school friends, so it is cool to hear you all stayed close.

    ReplyDelete