Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My Bucket List #6

My whole life I've dreamed of going to New York City. Everything about the city just draws me to it. I've been trying for the last year to think of when would be the best time to go. I thought of our anniversary. However, we got married the weekend after Thanksgiving and prices are extremely expensive then.


How could you not want to visit the Big Apple?
 
 







But, guess what? I actually get to mark something off my Bucket List! I'm going to visit The City That Never Sleeps in July!
 
 
My sister Christina's in-laws live in NYC and she is going to visit them in July. They were going to make a detour here, but they didn't realize how far into Virginia we actually are. So, we've worked it out for me, my sister and Emma to fly up there! Do you guys have any idea how excited I am?? I'm so excited I could just scream! Meeting my older sisters is one of the things I've always wanted most in my life, so I get to knock out two birds with one stone! So, prepare yourselves ladies, because I will be talking about this from time to time! ;)
 
Hope you're having a lovely Wednesday! :)

7 comments:

  1. Oh Wow- you are going to love it! I used to live in the city, so ask me anything you need to know about where to go, what to eat, and of course where to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I definitely will! I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked NYC. I think I would have liked it better had I not been depressed when I went....haha. I actually went with my mom and Jake's mom (way before we were an "us"). We took a train from Richmond to NYC, which was a nice trip. It was the Spring Break of my freshman year of college, so 9/11 had just happened that Fall. It was heart-breaking to go to Ground Zero. Got to see Rent and Chicago on Broadway which was right up my ally. I get completely caught up in live performances. Anyway, you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We went there last year on Vacation. We were there on Memorial Day and it was perfect. All the normal people that commute into the city were not there so it was a lot less hectic than you see on t.v. We ate at a really cool, underground restaurant, Mars 2112. You'll have to check it out! As the sun starting going down, the locals started coming out. Taxis were everywhere and it was just like you see it on t.v. We went to the top of the Empire State Building at dusk and I absolutely hated it. Too many people. Too many rude people that would not let you get to the front to see the awesome views. Maybe you'll have better luck. I'm excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to NYC my senior year! It was a LOT of fun!! except that we did a walking tour, in a SHORT amount of time!! Make sure you hit up the most important things like the statue and the empire state building, OH and the today show! haha!! I don't recommend China Town as it is cramped and fishy, haha! RIDE A SUBWAY!! at least once haha, it's an experience!! and just have FUN! it should be a lot better for you, we went in April and it was COLD and we did not expect it!! Warmer weather will make it nicer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved China Town :) I liked to see what deals I could get. I got a really cute "Kate Spade" purse. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You all are making me even more excited! There's going to be so much to see in such a short amount of time, but I'm ready! haha!

    ReplyDelete