Monday, December 20, 2010

My whole world, so far!

It is no secret that I am head over in heels in love and just absolutely adore my baby sister's 16 month old daughter. I talk about her non-stop and I always have a picture to show off. She's just something else, that's for sure. I've thought she was gorgeous from the very first moment I laid my eyes on her the night she was born, but this little girl truly is beautiful! No matter where she is, she gets so many compliments. People are always telling Whitney she needs to be put in some type of baby contest. On top of being beautiful, the child has such a big personality! It's almost daily that I get a phone call from her! She'll scream "TeeTee" into the phone and just start jibber jabbering! She tells me about her whole day and just laughs. My family says she knows my ringtone and as soon as she hears yet, she screams "TeeTee". I love it! She "talks" to anyone who will listen and never meets a stranger. This weekend, my whole family came down for a visit and we went to a local steakhouse. Emma is at the point to where she wants to walk every where and not be carried. So, as we were walking from the bathroom to our table, she was strutting her stuff! It was hilarious! She waved at every table she passed and when they'd wave back, she'd clap and laugh so loud! One man said "Now, that's Christmas spirit right there!" It makes me such a proud auntie to know that everywhere she goes, people just fall in love with her. I never imagined I could love something as much as I do this little girl, until we found out we were pregnant. I can't imagine the love I'll feel when my babies get here. It's amazing how much a heart can hold!

I also want to talk about our other nieces and nephews! I have two older sisters, who I talk about in this post. Between the two of them I have a 16 year old  and 4 year old niece, as well as a 13 year old and a 2 year old nephew. I've yet to meet any of them, but I love them like crazy! I talk to the two oldest ones quite a bit and they definitely make me feel old! haha! Kevin's sister also has two children, a 5 year old girl and a 2 year old son. They're hilarious and just so sweet!

It makes my heart happy that my babies are already starting out with so many cousins! All of my sisters are done having children and so is Kevin's sister, so it seems like our children will be the babies. I see this as a blessing and a curse! haha!

What about you ladies? Any other lucky aunties out there?

4 comments:

  1. Me, Me, Me!! I have the sweetest nephew ever- my Sweet Baby James who is almost 9 months old. I loooove him to death. I have a niece on the way and have also taken over all of DH's nieces and nephews. I love being an Aunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sweet little niece turns 1 on New Year's Eve! She is the happiest kid on the planet. She is never grouchy (even when she was sick last week) and hardly ever cries. I love her to pieces! And I will be getting another niece in February :) I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me! I'm a lucky auntie, times 4 and a 1/2 lol!

    That's so sweet, her walking through the restaurant waving at everyone and clapping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma sounds just like my nephew Ethan! We all say he is going to be a politician because he waves and says hello to everybody he passes! The other day he was singing Jingle Bell Rock at the top of his lungs in the hair salon! haha...

    ReplyDelete