Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why, Hello 2010!

Happy New Year everyone! I hope everyone had a fun, safe night ringing in the New Year. My poor Vols lost, but hey, it was expected! Other than that, I had a great night of good food, drinks, guitar hero and even greater friends!

As I stated before, I'm extremely excited about what 2010 has to offer. I really do have a lot I want to accomplish this year. First, I've decided I want to go back to school to get my Master's in History. I've contacted the school I was accepted to last year, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm hoping I won't have to reapply and all that jazz. Second, I will lose weight. I've decided I'm going to count calories. That seems the easiest way for me. I found a website that said to achieve my goal weight, I need 1991.6 calories day. Dang! I was excited over that fact. I don't like to starve. So, I've decided I'm going to bring it down to 1500 calories a day. That's still plenty for me to eat. I also want to do "The Shred" DVD that my friend Erica let me borrow. Hopefully me and my poor back can get through it! Third, I will become Martha Stewart. I've done quite well cooking and cleaning since 2010 has begun, so I'm hoping this will stick!

A lot of fun things are happening this year! Emma will celebrate her first birthday in August and Kevin and I will celebrate our first anniversary!

However, the one thing I'm extremely excited over is the fact that Whit and I will finally be able to meet our older sisters! My dad was married before he met my mom and they had two daughters: Andrea and Christina. My whole life I've wanted to meet them, to get to know them and have them in my life. Well, in November I found them on Facebook (woohoo!) and we've been in constant contact since. They live in California and I think they're planning a trip out here in July! Then, Whit and I mentioned going out there in the Fall. I'm hoping it works out. I'm dying to meet them in person! My oldest sister, Andrea, has one son who looks exactly like my dad! Its so neat! Then, there's Christina, who has a fifteen year old and a three year old daughter and a two year old son. I was really excited to see that I have two more nieces and two nephews! And they're all precious! So, now, I have three nieces and two nephews. :) Plus, Kevin's niece and nephew. I'm one proud Auntie. :)

I've also started a weight loss blog, here, soley for me to keep up with my weight loss. Hopefully it'll help me keep motivated with it!

Until next time, so long! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment