Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Grr!

I need to vent. So, if you don't wanna "hear" it, just skip over this post. :)

I'm sick today. I didn't come into work until noon. I have a headache and was sick at my stomach. And before you ask, no it isn't morning sickness. I just want to be home w/ my hubby, laying on the couch in my pjs and waiting to watch The Office on TBS.

Okay, last week when I contacted the university about starting classes in the Fall, I was told I needed to reapply b/c admission is only good for one year. That's understandable. Well, I reapplied, sent everything in they needed. Today, I get an e-mail from the same exact woman who told me I needed to reapply, wanting to know why I had reapplied b/c I had already been accepted once before. WHAT? I kindly e-mailed her back and explained to her that I was told by her to do so.

I hate when this happens. It happens here at work all the time. One person will tell me how to do something, I'll do it, send it to the person it needs to be sent to and what do you know? I've done it wrong. It should be this way, not that way. Its constantly something. It happened this morning for instance. I'm New Accounts back-up and our New Accounts Rep was out of the office on Friday. I opened an account and sent all the materials to the main office. I was always told by several people that one form of ID is okay, but if they have their SS Card or birth cerficate I could use those, as well. I've been doing this for a year now and not once have I used secondary ID b/c they've always had their driver's license. Never has it been an issue. However, I get a call this morning wanting to know why I didn't get the customer's secondary ID. Huh?  Luckily for me, the lady had given me some mail proving her correct address, so I could use that.

I'm not an idiot. I do what I'm told. I'm not perfect, by any means, but I know what I've been told. And I hate when people try to make it out like I'm pulling this out of thin air. Grr!

I hope you guys are having a better day than I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment