Saturday, January 16, 2010

A crazy night!

A few years ago, one of my closest guy friends, Jordan, formed a small, two man band with a guy that I once went to school with. They called themselves Acoustic Persuasion and played in a local restaurant's bar. They were really good! Every Thursday night, we all headed to Mosby's to hear them play for a packed place. At the time, the hubby and I were only dating and had broken up. Thursday nights were my nights. The only night of the week I wasn't hurting or that I had to pretend I was happy. I was happy. We all laughed, drank, ate good food and listened to some awesome music.

Their little two man band, eventually grew into a three man (another close friend, Sturgill) show and later four. Over the next few months, the band went through several transformations and finally settled back to the original four. They called themselves Crazy Joe Divola and they were even better. Thursday nights got even crazier and they started playing Friday night shows, as well! After about 5 months or so, Jordan had to move up North and the band split. We were all really sad that the music was over, but even sadder that Jordan was leaving! The last night I saw him, I cried so hard I couldn't even tell him goodbye. It was awful!




Buuut, Jordan came back two months later and they tried again! Yay! They tried to reform the band, but it just didn't work. So, Jordan and Sturgill, along with the other orignal member of Acoustic Persuasion, teamed up with another friend of ours, Vinny. They play a different type of music than usual, kinda bluegrass, but cooler. They are awesome! They've added a fifth member now and are recording their second CD this week.

Last night we headed over to Bristol to hear them play. And boy was it packed! It was packed with nothing but a bunch of crazy, drunken idiots. These people had no respect for your personal space or the fact that you were standing in a certain spot first. I mean, this place was standing room only and these idiots are out there trying to make it a dance club. It was ridiculous. I did love listening to the guys though. Everytime I hear them, they just get better and better. And to see that they can pack a place like that, and seeing that everyone knows the words to the songs they've written, makes me extremely proud of them. I know how much this has meant to Jordan and Sturgill and I'm so happy that this is taking off the way it is. Chad Brown, the producer they're working with has worked with some really famous people! They have a drummer on the CD with them and he used to be the drummer for The Wallflowers and this summer he's touring with the Dixie Chicks. He was really good! I just can't say enough how proud I am of them and how proud I am that I've watched them through out all of this!

If you ever get a chance to hear them play, please do. I promise you, you won't be disappointed! I'm leaving you with a picture and a link to their MySpace page. It has a playlist on there. My favorite is "Part II".  Jordan and Sturgill played only the instrumental part when I walked down the aisle in November. :)




Front: Alan Cormier and Justin Venable (Vinny)
Back: Jordan Bledsoe, Brandon Sturgill (Sturgill) and Daniel Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment