Monday, January 25, 2010

Hello, Monday.

Wonder why the weekends go by so quickly? Shew.

This weekend was rather uneventful, aside from going out to the movies with my hubby and pulling a muscle in my back. Friday night I laid around all night b/c Kevin was sick. Saturday I laid around until it was time to go see Avatar. Sunday I pulled a muscle in my back, so I laid around once again. I really needed to do some laundry, but I guess that will have to wait.

Avatar. Wow! I really liked this movie. I've wanted to see it since the previews first started showing, but Kevin was rather hesitant about it. Well, Saturday night was my turn to pick the movie, so Avatar it was. We saw it in 3-D, but I've heard its just as good in 2-D. My preference would've been 2-D, but I didn't feel like driving to Norton or Bristol. When it first came out, there was an article talking about how the movie held a racial message about how "the white man sweeps in and saves the savages". I'm not one for picking out meanings or messages in a movie. Like in Twilight? Women are talking about how they wouldn't want their daughters to look up to Bella b/c she isn't a strong heroine, but rather a weak one that gives in to everything Edward wanted. Seriously?? Its a book. Take it for what its worth. I digress. Half way through Avatar I realized what that article was talking about. I got so aggravated. I raved and ranted after the movie about how this was what we did to Native Americans and other races that we've shoved off their land b/c there was a valuable resource underneath them. After I was done, I had to remind myself it was a movie and solely for entertainment. Its definitely something I'll watch again, if not buy when it comes out on DVD. That James Cameron. He's a genius.

In other news, my team, the Colts, are going to the Superbowl! Woohoo! I'm really excited about them playing the Saints, too. Both of them went undefeated until a few weeks ago, so I'm sure this is going to be a good game!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and a better week! :)

2 comments:

  1. The three hour length is scaring me off, although everyone says you don't notice it. Hmmmmmm. And I hate how fast the weekends fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ everyone else...you can't really tell! Especially once everything starts happening, it flies. I thought the beginning was a bit slow in some parts, but Kevin said he was entertained the entire time!

    ReplyDelete