Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let me get my soapbox..

"There are three things I have learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin." - Linus from Charlie Brown

I don't normally talk politics w/ my friends (or on my blog, for that matter) because, aside from one or two of them, I have completely different political views. And while I respect their views, sometimes I am the target of smart remarks from their end. But, I digress.

While watching The Today Show this morning, I heard something and I couldn't help but giggle.
Cindy McCain has posed for NOH8, a gay rights group that is fighting Prop 8 in California. You can read about it, here. Now, I know NBC tends to lean toward the more liberal end of the spectrum, but this really is just a straight forward article.







I know that husbands and wives won't always see eye to eye, but I can't help but wonder how this would've went down had McCain won the election. I'm assuming she wouldn't have done this had she been the First Lady, but still, I found this highly amusing.

2 comments:

  1. I'm proud of her for doing it, even though her husband opposes it.

    However, I think that this only helps McCain; it certainly won't hurt him. More liberals might take a chance to listen to him and side with him over Democrats, but he doesn't lose his anti-gay marriage followers because technically he's not the one supporting it. It's a very smart move on the McCain party to keep pulling in supporters while not switching sides or taking different stances on hot topics.

    But again, I am very proud of her for being another proud supporter of No on Prop8.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm honestly shocked she's done it, but in a good way. This may not hurt him, but I don't think that it will help him with the Democrats, I really don't. His camp released a message saying that, although they respect her views, McCain himself is still against gay marriage. It may help her, in a way, but I really don't think it will help win over the more conservative Dems.

    ReplyDelete