Thursday, March 24, 2011

Follow Up Appointment

Yesterday afternoon was my follow up appointment from my night in L&D. I was still having some cramps and was really worried when I went in. The doctor didn't check me to see if I was dilated, but he seemed confident that I wasn't. He said that the cramps I'm having are stretching/growing pains and that they'll be pretty severe since there are two kiddos in there (MillerTime, it made me think of you and your reminder to me that I'm carrying twins anytime I hurt!). He said that the urine analysis they took showed I wasn't dehydrated anymore, so that was a relief. He did tell me to take it easy and upon reading my discharge papers, I learned I'm on restricted activity. It said no exercising or lifting, minimal walking or stair climbing and things like that. He does want me back in two weeks to monitor me more closely. I don't know if this is for now because of the BHs or if they want to start my two week appointments earlier than normal because of the twins. Oh, he also measured my uterus and I'm measuring 31 weeks! Eek!

This was the first time I had met with this doctor and he was extremely nice. He seemed a lot more concerned than the other two doctors at my regular OB that I'm having twins. I go back to the perinatologist next week and I cannot wait to see the boys again!

Anyone else starting to freak out about the idea of what all we have to get done before our babies get here? I'm starting to come to terms with the fact that we may very well possibly have to bring the boys home to our current apartment. I do not like this at all, but I keep telling myself everything happens for a reason. This pregnancy has flown by and I know the boys will be here before I know it. I'm so excited but scared all at the same time. I like to think I'm a pretty responsible person, but this is a whole nother story. I mean, I'll have two little lives that depend on me and that's very intimidating! It'll be okay and hopefully my children won't be too damaged! haha!

Well, that's all for now! I hope you ladies are doing well! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey girl! So glad you feel better and something I heard a few months ago has helped me more than anything in the world- maintain your confidence...in everything you do. If you have to bring those boys to that apartment, be confident about it. They won't know the difference and you will be a great mommy. Be confident in the decisions you make, don't second guess yourself. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminder - you're got two kids growing in there ;)

    You'll do fine! I am worried about getting stuff done too - we don't even have heat in our nursery right now!

    ReplyDelete