Sunday, March 27, 2011

What's this? Energy??

Where has this sudden burst of energy I've encountered this weekend come from? My entire pregnancy I have had zero energy and could sleep for days on end. Our poor apartment has suffered for it, too. I've never been the neatest or cleanest person, but I always kept everything put away (at least when we were having company). Now, there are just piles and piles of stuff everywhere, my cabinets and fridge are a mess, I'm behind on my laundry (no end in sight, I feel) and the dust has set up permanent residence. I'd be at work and think "Tonight, I'm cleaning. I'm going to do this and I'm going to do that." And the minute my lazy rear end walked through my door, I hit the couch and didn't move for the entire evening. I hated it and felt so ashamed anytime someone would come over and there'd be dishes in the sink or floors hadn't been vacuumed.

However, this weekend? It's the complete opposite. I've only had a few hours of sleep and one lousy attempt at a nap and I've had all kinds of energy! The only thing holding me back from really going at it, are the BHs and my back pain! There's still tons of things to do, like laundry because under no circumstances am I to lift the laundry basket, carry it down the steps and down to the basement. I have sorted through the piles of mail we had and they are now divided into keep, shred and things I can just throw away! The downstairs bathroom is clean and I just finished sorting through my "Pampered Chef corner". I've cleaned under the kitchen sink, but now the back pain has me planted on the couch. There are things sitting everywhere that need to be thrown away or put somewhere.  Have you ever noticed that? You tackle a mess and when you're done, you have an even bigger mess?

The boys have had tons of energy this weekend, as well! Last night one of them was moving so fast and so much, that I thought my stomach was going to rip apart! Kevin kept going "Oh, that was a hard kick! I really felt that one!" It was so sweet, but I just couldn't help but think "This hurts!!" haha!

When Kevin gets up, we're supposed to be going to see his grandparents. That's the plan, but I doubt we're going since he stayed up all night watching basketball and playing Xbox w/ the guys. I don't get how they all do it!

Well, I hope you ladies had a great weekend! :)

2 comments:

  1. I think spring cleaning was in the air everywhere this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think spring cleaning was infectious this weekend, as well! Though we had snow on the ground yesterday :-(
    I feel the same way a lot Mrs. B, and I'm glad to hear that bursts of energy can happen at any time! It gives me hope-haha

    ReplyDelete