Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Long Time, No Blog!

Hey girls!

Sorry for the unplanned hiatus from Blogger. Do you ever just get burnt out on something and can't even bring yourself to look at it? That's how I felt about blogger. My interest has been slowly but surely coming back and I've been catching up on everyone's lives. I felt the itch to write this morning and work is slow, so I thought "why not?".

First and foremost, we found out we're having two perfectly healthy BOYS! Most of you know this already, but there are a few of you who aren't on my FB or the Bump. The high risk doctor said that although they're perfect now, they may not stay that way! Since they're identical, they're sharing a placenta. This could cause problems later on in pregnancy and they could develop twin-to-twin transfusion. The doctors have been very vague on what this is exactly, but I basically gathered that one will develop quicker than the other because it's getting more nutrients. Well, I Googled TTTS last week and let me say, in this situation, Google is NOT your friend!

We decided to name them Gavin Thomas (Thomas is after my dad) and Landon David (David is after Kevin's dad and grandfather, who passed away this past week). I can't wait to meet my precious boys! Gavin is Baby A and is very laid back. Landon, Baby B, is a completely different story! At the anatomy scan, he was everywhere and refused to sit still for the u/s technician. So rotten already!

I reached 21 weeks this past Saturday and, I'll admit, I'm a bit scared! Okay, I'm A LOT scared. There are so many emotions going through me at once. There are some things going on in my personal life that are also weighing on me and are really causing me to not put all my focus on preparing for the boys (Kevin and I are fine, just in case you're wondering!). I'm trying to get past all that, but it's really difficult right now. Anywho, I digress.


Well, that's really all for now! I'll hopefully be updating soon, because I just know you guys are dying to know what all is going on in my oh, so interesting life! haha!

1 comment: