Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I'm a Horrible Consultant!

I have to say, when I started selling Pampered Chef products, I thought I'd be a baking/cooking machine! I had visions of elaborate meals and tons of cookies, pies and cakes being served to my hubby for dinner. Wow, I was way off base! Unless I'm at a cooking show, I rarely use my products, aside from spatulas, spreaders and stuff like that. I've used my torte pans and accent decorator once! I'm ashamed to admit it. I still have those visions, but for now they're just visions. It's so hard to do all that when Kevin and I are on completely different schedules! Between his evening shift and my day shift, grad class and PC Shows, we hardly see one another. Grocery shopping is a pain in the rear because when he gets home, it's too late to make a big dinner and while I could just reheat the leftovers, he wouldn't eat them. So, usually my buggy is stockpiled with frozen pizzas, corn dogs, hot pockets and Hungry Man dinners. The weekends are usually the only time I can make dinner for both of us, but that's usually when we have plans with friends and making dinner is out of question.

This weekend at one of my shows, a girl made Chicken Ranch Tacos and they looked so good! I plan on making them this weekend, I don't care what's going on. I told Kevin that we need to make it a habit to have dinner together at least once on the weekends. Where do you guys go for your recipes? Pampered Chef has some really good ones, but I'd like to check out some more sources, as well!

Hope you're all having a fabulous Tuesday! It's so chilly here and I love it!

3 comments:

  1. I heart Paula Deen :) (pauladeen.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, when I have something in mind, i just google it. Plus I have tons of cookbooks that were my moms...and I have random scrap pieces of paper that I've jotted down recipes on throughout the years. I really need to organize those. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just named all the reasons I don't cook! Trying to have a couple meals together a week is a challenge sometimes!

    ReplyDelete