Saturday, February 20, 2010

Ah, Saturday.

Its absolutely beautiful outside today! I even went outside earlier without a jacket and was completely comfortable. I am definitely ready for Spring! :)

I don't usually update on weekends, but I finished The Lightning Thief just a few minutes ago. My verdict? Its definitely on my top favorites list and I'm dying to buy the second one. The hubby looked for me yesterday, but he couldn't find it. Maybe its just the "teacher" coming out in me, but this is definitely a book all children (and adults) should read! I know a lot of my classmates found Greek Mythology boring growing up, but these books put a modern twist on the Greek gods and goddesses that make them interesting and fun enough for you to keep reading!

On the back cover of the book is an advertisement for Rick Riordan's The Kane Chronicles. I think this series revolves around Egyptian gods and goddesses. I'm going to look into them more before reading them. I'm such a dork. I know I should just go buy them and then decide, but I don't want to waste money on them. The local library doesn't have any of Riordan's books, which totally shocked me.

Well, I'm off to enjoy whats left of this beautiful day! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, if teacher's better read it, i better get on it!! Oh, and have you read OUTLIERS by Malcom Gladwell? In my top 3 of books teachers should read. Amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read that one either! I'm gonna make me a list of books you've suggested! Once I finish this series, I'll definitely get them. I bought the second book today...I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete