Friday, February 5, 2010

God's Little Miracles

Wednesday evening around 7:00, one of my closest and sweetest friends had her first baby. My "honorary niece", Alyssa, was 6 pounds, 9 ounces and 18.5 inches long (I'm not 100% sure about how long she was). And she is absolutely precious. I went to the hospital last night to see her and I just could not get over her. She is so beautiful and a good mix between her mommy & daddy. Although she looks a bit more like her daddy! She's so tiny! I felt like I was going to break her. I do believe she's the smallest thing I've ever laid my eyes on. Any newborn I've ever been around was at least a pound or two heavier than she is! Except for my friend's daughter, Tanzi. She was also 6 lbs, 9 oz but I don't remember her being that tiny!

It made me all the more excited for when Kevin and I start trying to have a baby. We've always said we want four! haha! Being a mother is the one thing in life that I've always wanted the most. I can't wait to experience all the emotions, good and bad, that come with being pregnant. Or feeling my baby kick my belly because he/she can't seem to get comfortable. Or have them kick their daddy in the back like I used to my daddy!

Last night, looking at Alyssa, and watching Emma as well, I couldn't help but think babies truly are little miracles! Just everything about them is so special. I don't see how anyone could ever be mean to or physically harm them!

In others news, its Friday, which means our area is under a Winter Weather Advisory. Spring, where are you?! This seems to be a pattern the last month or two. I don't think we'll get anything big this time. Its on a different path and will probably hit our friends in Northern Va. They're calling for 20+ inches where one of my friends live. I just hope they don't lose power and stay safe!

Sunday's the Super Bowl and we're heading to The Cobbs, weather permitting, to watch it. Kevin and I are pulling for the Colts. What about you guys?

I hope you all have a safe and fun Super Bowl weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Each one is a miracle, aren't they? Even when I hold a newborn, I cannot believe my own were once that small. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete