Saturday, April 17, 2010

Champagne Saturday!



** Please note that this was scheduled to be published early this morning. It didn't work, so I'm doing it on my own. I'm too lazy to fix it, so just pretend it's Saturday morning! ;)




Good Saturday morning, ladies! :)

Its once again Champagne Saturday and, as you're reading this, I'm on my way to Chattanooga, Tennessee for a bridal shower in honor of one my best friends. She and I were in Kindergarten together, but it wasn't until we were 12 years old did we become friends. She was my best friend through thick and thin, no matter how many times she and I had it out. A couple of years after we graduated, she moved to Tennessee leaving me and our three other best friends here to fend for ourselves! ;) Next month she's getting married and the four of us are making a girl's weekend out of it. No hubbys and no boyfriends. Just the four of us on the wide open road, with not a care in the world. Except making sure our friend's wedding goes as planned, of course! I'm quite excited to see Denise! She doesn't know I'm coming though. The other three girls have to work and her other two bridesmaids (who are also still here in Va) can't make it either. I had planned on going, but didn't think it was going to work out for me to. When she found out that none of us could come, she was heart broken. So, I've decided that no matter how much money it takes in gas to get there, I'm going to see her. Her sister, who also lives there, knows I'm coming. Its been hard not letting it slip to Nisey, but I'm excited to surprise her!

Anywho! I digress. Like I said, its Champagne Saturday! :) The shower is billed as casual, so I'm sporting khaki capris and really pretty top from Old Navy. I can't find any pictures on the 'net, so I'll have the hubby take one for me to post tomorrow. And my drink of choice? Since we're having to leave at the crack of dawn to get there, you better believe I'll have a nice cup of coffee on hand. :)

Make it a great Saturday! :)

** Since I'm already home and I do have a picture. I will upload it now for your viewing pleasure! :)


(Just in case) Nisey's on the left and I'm on the right.

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute you are!! yay! I bet the day was awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You looked gorgeous lady and it sounds like you had a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete