Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I've got the fever...

I've always wanted children, but never have I felt like I have "baby fever". That is, until now. Kevin and I had talked about starting to try around our one year anniversary and I was totally content with that. However, after seeing Emma Friday, Saturday and Sunday, plus seeing the bank courier's 4 month old grandson yesterday and seeing Tanzi so much, I now have baby fever. In a bad way!

There are so many of my friends who are pregnant or have just had their babies. There's probably at least 15 of them, no lie. And every one of them are little girls, except two! I love listening to their pregnancy stories and love looking at pictures of the nurseries they've all decorated. I have some baby showers coming up and I can't wait to start shopping the baby section.

Kevin and I have been playing around with names, too. Its fun to think of different names. However, he wants very plain, everyday names. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but I don't want my child going to school with ten kids that share their name and they have to be known as "Joshua 1" or "Ashley 2" (sorry, Ashley! haha!). According to him, I want names they'll never be able to spell! I don't want anything too far out there (like Apple or Mowgli Bronx), but I would like for it to be somewhat unique. We've picked one name out for a boy and a few names for the girl. We always go back to the same middle names. I know by the time we actually are pregnant, it'll change 100 times, but its still fun!

Kevin sleeps like a rock and I'm constantly telling him that will have to change once we do have a child. He also has no idea how much of the bed he takes up, so him rolling over our sleeping child is a definite possibility! I don't want them to sleep with us anyway, so that just gives me some extra motivation to stay strong!

Once we do start trying, we're keeping it a secret. I know I wouldn't be able to handle all the questions people would ask, especially if we're having a hard time conceiving. Just know that it'll be by the end of the year! :)

5 comments:

  1. I swear girl it's our age and yes everybody around us is preggo! I have had baby fever since October and well you know the rest. You may want to look into getting a puppy or something if you are waiting until the end of the year!

    Jessica J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chad sleeps like a rock too...and is absolutely no help in the middle of the night. Haha! Actually, he deals with the boys, Barrett is my job though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh this makes it more exciting, for everyone to not know when ya'll are gonna be trying- like it's gonna be a surprise! How fun, good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, it seems like three years ago everyone around us was getting married! Now, its everyone is having babies! haha!

    Kelli, that makes me feel better! haha! I always wonder if Chad got up to help you at night!

    Ashley, thank ya! haha! I don't know if I really will be able to keep it secret once it does happen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!! It is fun to have kids around the same time as your friends, it makes it all the more fun to share stories/cries/ect.
    I can't wait to hear more..and on names too. But? You are SO right, totally do not want to know when you are trying..ahem!

    ReplyDelete