Friday, April 16, 2010

A Few Of My Favorite Things Edition #7

I love sweet tea and I come by it honest. My little mamaw made the best tea I've ever had and it is definitely a favorite family drink. Whenever me and my cousins go out to dinner, every one of us get tea.

However, I hate to admit that I've never had anything but just down home, Southern iced sweet tea. I've never drank it hot, I've never tried herbal tea....basically, I've never strayed from Lipton. :) I've been wanting to try different varieties of tea lately. I mean, how can I say I'm a tea lover if I've only ever tried one kind? I had a professor in undergrad who was from Ireland. He told me I hadn't had tea until I tried real Irish tea. His mother would often send him some, but I never had a chance to try any of it.

Tonight my nerves were frazzled and I was just in a weird mood. I found it strange because I actually had a good day. I was cleaning and I just thought "I want some hot tea." Of course, I only have Lipton, but hey, it worked! I didn't want to make a big pitcher, so I settled for a single cup. A few months ago my mom gave me a little tea pot, with a strainer and what I'm assuming is supposed to be the cup to drink it from? I used it tonight and I love it! Its now one of my favorite things. :)

I think I used too much water because the tea is kinda weak. Hey, practice makes perfect! I did like it hot though. Its very relaxing!


5 comments:

  1. To quote Cecilia Ahern in her book "P.S. I Love You" (which is 150% better than the movie):

    "Oh, the wonders of the magical tea. The answer to all of life's little problems. You have a gossip and you make a cup of tea, you get fired from your job and you have a cup of tea..."

    (....although she was talking about Irish tea too) : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea that was a book. I will definitely have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched that movie last night. Didn't know it was a book, either. You've made me want to make some hot tea and read that book ASAP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love trying new teas! Earthfare has a crazy assortment of teas, it's seriously ridiculous! You should take a look there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes ladies! The book is amazing!! I don't know if you liked the movie that much (I didn't since I had read the book first) but it has so many life lessons...and quotable lines like the one above! : )

    ReplyDelete