Monday, December 7, 2009

Back to reality!

Today was my first day back to work since Thanksgiving! And, believe me, I was not ready. I just wanted to stay snuggled up in my nice, warm bed! However, I got up and proceeded to get ready. My morning was great until I stepped outside to warm the car and stepped on, what we call, "the devil cat". Seriously.

Let me tell you about "the devil cat" and all his/her little buddies. There is a lady who lives in a house across from us who is the epitome of the term "cat lady". She lives alone, aside from the dozen cats running free on our hill. They typically keep to themselves and usually aren't any trouble (there have been a few trash can incidents). They even run from us if we try to touch them. That is fine by me. I am terrified of cats. My mother hates them and raised us to feel the same. However, my fear of them started about six years ago when I was babysitting and the little boy's cat attacked me. No joke. I digress. I'm assuming since the temperatures have dropped, these poor cats are freezing. Saturday night Kevin stepped outside and said that a few of the cats were on the cars out front and actually trying to get attention. He opens the door to come in and, next thing I know, here comes this black cat, which we have all began calling "the devil cat".

Anyway, I step outside this morning and, instead of stepping on my welcome mat, I step on something soft and furry. "The devil cat" goes flying through my door, scaring me and causing me to scream at him. I was strapped for time, so I decided to let him/her wonder through the apartment until its time to go. Bad idea. The second I start trying to coax him outside, he looks at me like I have to be the stupidest thing ever. He then begins running from me. So, here I am, trying to leave for work, but I'm chasing this stupid cat around the apartment. Eventually, Jay hears me running around from next door and comes to my rescue. Later on, I found out that "the devil cat" had somehow gotten into Ashley's apartment w/o them knowing last night and stayed in her kitchen all night! He scared her quite a bit this morning, too!

I was hoping this would be the end of "the devil cat" for today, but it wasn't. When Kevin & I got home from Wal-Mart this evening, three cats were on top of Ashley's car. When "the devil cat" saw us, he got excited. haha. Kevin rolled down his window and the DC jumped from her car into ours. DC starts loving on us both, so we decided to let him in for a bit. He was fine until he started using me for a scratching post and I panicked. So, poor little DC is, once again, outside in the cold.

I wish I could've had something a little more exciting to post about, but today was your typical, boring Monday. I hope yours was better than mine! :)


Doesn't he look mean?




No comments:

Post a Comment