Sunday, December 13, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things: Edition #2

Update on the devil cat from this: Back To Reality. For the past few days, the wind has been horrible. The trees have been blown over onto the electrical lines, causing thousands in our area to be without power for days. On the day that it was the worst, I had a horrible day at work. I couldn't wait to come home and just relax! When I walked in, I noticed that a small sign I have hanging above our back door was laying in the floor. When I stepped further into the kitchen, leaves and dirt everywhere. Our back door had blown open and the wind had blown the leaves and dirt in. After the door had been blown open, apparently DC took this opportunity to come in where it was warm. While here, he decided to get into our trash can, knock it over and spill all of its contents onto our floor. Next, he decided to hop up on our kitchen table and get into a brand new loaf of bread and a pack of hamburger buns. Then, I go upstairs and he had gotten into the trash in our room! I was furious! Luckily for him, he had gotten out of the apartment by this time. If not, I can't imagine what I would've done to him!

Today its rainy and its cold. I have so much I need to do, but I just wanna curl up on the couch and be lazy all day. But, it seems I've done that so much this past week, that our living room and kitchen are extremely messy. However, due to it being cold and me just wanting to lay here w/ a warm blanket, I thought of my next Favorite Thing. :)

When I was younger, I couldn't say "blanket", instead I said "minket". And ever since, its been a running joke with me and my family. A few years ago, mom got me a gift and was sooo excited. It was a mink fleece blanket, so technically, it was a "minket". haha! She got us all one in different colors and I carry the thing with me on every trip I go on, like I'm a baby with a baby blanket. I love this thing.

I can't find a picture of the exact one she's given us, but I have found something that looks like it:






If you guys ever have a chance to buy one of these, please do! They're awesome! :)


Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment