Friday, December 18, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

Friday is finally here! I never thought it would get here. I've realized that I am just flat out homesick. Not living at home with my parents homesick, but I hate being an hour away from them, my sister and my little niece. They send me pics of Emma everday, but I still feel like I'm missing out. My little niece is my favorite person (aside from Kevin, of course) in the whole world and she always puts a smile on my face. In the  four short months she's been here, she's wrapped everyone in our family around her little fingers. Including Uncle Kevin. And, she sure does love her papaw. Dad babysits her while Whitney & Nathan work, so he's around her more than any of us. When dad walks into the room, as soon as Emma sees him, her little eyes light up!

I never imagined I could love something so much, so quickly. Before Emma was born, I loved her so much I couldn't stand it. She was the joy our little family needed. Whit had been pregnant once and lost it. We were all devastated. But, a month later, God decided to grace Whitney and Nathan with a positive pregnancy test! She told us all on Christmas through a letter from "baby Carpenter". Kevin said it must be a smart baby if it could already type! He's a nut.  Dad knew it was a boy. He just knew. He has only ever had daughters, so he knew it was his turn to have a boy in the family. But, the day we found out Emma was a girl, well, he was instantly won over.

I can't believe she's here. The night she was born, I cried and cried. I couldn't even speak. She was so beautiful. For the first few weeks, everytime I saw her, I'd cry. I was just so happy she was here! I'm looking forward to watching her grow and learn new things. I can't wait to tell her all kinds of mean things on her mommy and give her lots of candy, just to send her home to her mommy. haha! I worry about her when she's sick. One night she stayed w/ me, and the whole night I was awake because I was afraid she'd get under the covers somehow. I worry what life will be like for her once she's older. And the thought of anything happening to her absolutely scares me to death. Its so overwhelming! I just can't imagine how I'll feel once I have my own!



I mean, how could you not love this little face?


Ready to go to Mamaw and Papaw's!


This really made me laugh. The doctor told her to put Emma on her belly more. So, she did.




1 comment: