Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Few Of My Favorite Things: Edition #1

For those of you who do not know me, The Sound Of Music is my favorite movie of all time. The time frame, the location, the music and Julie Andrews...what's not to love? For as long as I can remember, anytime it came on the television, I stopped whatever I was doing to watch it. It will never get old to me!

I was looking around my apartment last night and was just thinking of how blessed Kevin and I were at our household shower, as well as things given to us beforehand. When I first moved out on my own, I had nothing. I wasn't prepared whatsoever! Fortunately for me, I was blessed enough to have parents who had things they could give me to start me out right, well at least make it easier on me. Mom refuses to throw anything away, in fear that we may need it again someday! And although I loved having dishes, pots and pans and a coffee pot, I longed to have new ones. Things that were mine and Kevin's that I got to break in all on my own. Needless to say, even though I wasn't expecting tons of gifts, I was more than excited to go through the home section of Wal-mart & Target looking at all the stuff I could use in our apartment! It was so fun picking colors and coordinating everything to match! We decided to do our kitchen in pea pod green, red sedona and khaki with black accents, our half bath in khaki, brown and burgandy w/ white accents, upstairs bath in black, white and aqua and our bedroom in black and burgandy. None of it matches or makes the apartment flow, but it was so fun to give each room its own look & feel. When our shower came around, we got everything we needed and more! We barely have any room to put it all! haha!

So, I thought about my movie and I thought about all of our stuff..and I got an idea. I'm going to do a post about "a few of my favorite things". I can review them or just tell you why I love them so much! :)

Today's Favorite Thing(s) are my Canopy dishes from Wal-Mart. The Canopy line has all the colors we wanted, so we can coordinate all our dishtowels, placemats, napkins and, even dishes.

We registered for two sets: Pea Pod Green and Sedona Red. And we received both! :)





I love these dishes! I was reading some of the reviews on them, and several said that after only a few weeks, their dishes chipped and had to be replaced. One reviewer said that they aren't microwavable. I have had no problem with them at all. We've used them almost everyday since we've had them. They aren't chipped or scratched and I've had nothing happen to them when we put them in the microwave. I love the coffee cups! They're the perfect size for me. I love coffee, but I can only drink so much!

Does anyone else have these dishes? What do you think of them?


I hope you enjoyed this post! I'm looking forward to sharing my favorite things with you! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I got you the red ones! :-) Glad you like them!

    Jessica J.

    ReplyDelete