Friday, December 11, 2009

Snowflakes. :)

Today I'm entering my first blog contest! How exciting!

Its actually really simple! Momma Ruth is having a weekly treasure hunt on Etsy. Each Friday she'll give us a "theme" to search for on Etsy, we find something that we like or is meaningful to us and then post about it. After we post about it, we go back to Momma Ruth's blog and enter it into the McLinky box. Can someone explain to me what that is?

This week's theme is snowflakes. :) I was really excited when I saw this! I immediately headed over to Etsy and started my search. Wow! Soooo many pages came up with so many cute items dealing with snowflakes. I honestly didn't know what I was going to choose.

That is, until, I saw this:






When I saw this, I couldn't help but smile! This instantly reminded me of my mamaw! As a side note, when I mention my mamaw, it is my dad's mom. I don't have a relationship with my mom's mom. It also reminds me of my mom. When I was younger, we'd spend several evenings going out and buying all kinds of Christmas decorations. My mom and mamaw would get all kinds of candles. They'd be shaped like nutcrackers, snowflakes, Christmas trees, etc. They'd set them up all over their houses. Everywhere you turned, there was a candle. But, my mamaw also made her own Christmas decorations. She'd crochet ornaments that looked somewhat like the one pictured above and would also make ornaments out of the plastic sewing canvas. She made some for my mom's tree and she still has them!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for participating! Just copy your URL and go back to the MckLinky box on my post. Click ENTER HERE, and it'll re-direct you to another page. Enter your name as you want it to be seen and the URL; then it will re-direct back to my blog page if you want. It's just an easy to keep track of everyone's posts. All I have to do is click on your name in the MckLinky box and it will take me to your post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see our tree! Nathan's mamaw did a bunch of crochet snowflakes for our wedding tree and now we hang them up every year. There are tons of them! I love them! :-)

    Jessica J.

    ReplyDelete