Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Etsy Treasure Hunt

I won! I won Mary Ruth's  Etsy treasure hunt! Happy dance! You can read my entry post, here.

Mary Ruth, I tried to post a comment both yesterday evening and this morning, but it won't let me see the box for the CAPTCHA, so I can't post it.

Here is my acceptance speech:

I'd like to thank my mom and my mamaw for instilling in me the love of unique Christmas candles and cozy crocheted snowflake ornaments! And my fellow bloggers, because without you, this would not have been possible. Thank you!





One of the many Christmas Candles.

Seriously, I was pretty excited about winning. I was having a rough day and that put a smile on my face. :-)


Kevin and I went Christmas shopping last night. We did pretty good sticking to our budget for everyone and even had some money left over, so we treated ourselves to Chinese for dinner. Yum!

I was raised in a household where presents, no matter what the occasion, are to be a surprise until you open them. We were never given any hints as to what they were or even allowed to open them early. We always got a pair of cozy winter pj's and we could open those on Christmas Eve. This year, Kevin and I decided just to get our gifts when we were with one another so that we could keep up with the budget. We made a deal that we can't use them until Christmas though. I told him next year we aren't doing that. I wanna keep it all a surprise! haha!

We also went to Target b/c we had a gift card from my big sisters (yay!) to spend. It really made my day to pick up a few things for the apartment I've been wanting!

Wanna know what my favorite thing I got was?






I have been wanting one of these for the past year. We didn't even have a colander, let alone one of these cool ones! I can't wait to use it! :)


It's Wednesday, thank God! We're half way through this week...and I can't wait until Friday! Today seems like its going to be a good day though. I sure hope so!



4 comments:

  1. oooh thats a good idea, cozy PJ gifts ONLY on Christmas eve, nothing else! we were always allowed to open one small gift on Christmas eve at midnight, but the PJ thing is smart ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad it helped to make your day! I loved your pick (and I love your acceptance speech - too funny)!

    I removed CAPTCHAs from my comments for now; I think when I was changing around my blog design I messed something up! But just let me know if you still can't comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's your big sis..haha!! Christmas for us was like that too, we didn't really ever know what we were going to get. Now, poor Noelle as she gets older ends up knowing. She is hard to fit clothes wise and that is always what she wants, that and make-up soo.. we go and buy it and she gets it on Christmas. This year I do have something she doesn't know about..hurray!
    I love your sink thing, every time I go to the store I think about getting one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope she's surprised! haha! It's always fun to get little surprises here and there!

    And thank you for the sink thing (in a round about way). haha! You should definitely get one! I think it was $17, but Wal-mart has them cheaper!

    ReplyDelete