Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Memories

I keep reading on Facebook about how people need to finish their Christmas shopping. Me? I haven't even started. I mean, I have ideas of what I want to get everyone, but those can only go so far if you no have money. Now that the wedding's finished, we will have some extra money, but it won't be enough for what we want to buy for everyone. Isn't that how it always goes? I'm thinking of opening up a Christmas Club account this January. That'll at least give us some extra money next Christmas.

Our parents keep saying not to get them anything, but I couldn't imagine NOT getting them something. After all they've done for us this year, I feel as if we need to get them a little something. Of course, there's no question about our nieces and nephew. Emma's only four months old, so we can't really buy her any cool toys for her to enjoy right now. This is Jayden's second Christmas, but last year he was only two months old, so he'll actually have fun ripping the paper off the presents! Makayla's three years old now, so she knows exactly what's going on! I'm really looking forward to that! I'm still not sure what to get Kevin? Any ideas? What are you guys getting your men?

I've been printing off Christmas candy recipes all morning! I'm really excited! Hopefully, it'll all turn out okay? I'm not the best at baking, but I sure do give it my best! My plan is to be like my mom someday. That woman is the best cook in the whole world! Everything she makes tastes amazing. I always know its Christmas time when she's making peanut butter and chocolate fudge, as well as applesauce cakes! Yum! Dad, Whit and I always fought over who would get to eat the fudge off the sides of the saucepan when she was done! haha!



My favorite Christmas candy! :)



I'm also going to attempt to make this:





Tiger Butter Fudge! This was first introduced to me by Kelli when we worked together @ FOL. I've loved it ever since!




I've also looked up some punch recipes! That's another thing that makes me think of Christmas. My sweet little mamaw always made punch at Christmas! She would always be dressed up in a pretty little Christmas sweater and a Christmas aapron. She'd set up the punch, as well as Coke and some other sodas, on a little table in the foyer! It was always so fun to spend Christmas at her house!

What about you guys? Do you have anything like that that reminds you of Christmas? Nothing like the usual stuff (trees, snow, Santa, etc)!




1 comment:

  1. I'm making a ton of homemade things for xmas this year (wreaths and blankets) - they're easy and inexpensive. Plus they have a "homemade with love" touch that can't be bought in any store!

    ReplyDelete